Please read the following notice to understand how your personal information will be collected, stored, and treated by Gleeson.
MJ Gleeson plc and its associated companies and undertakings (“Gleeson”) is committed to respecting your privacy.
Please read the following notice to understand how your personal information will be collected, stored, and treated by Gleeson. This notice may change from time to time so please check it regularly.
This Gleeson privacy notice applies to all personal information that you or a third party provide to us.
By providing Gleeson with information or using our website you agree to be bound by this notice in respect of the personal information collected about you.
As a data controller we are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of our customers, and prospective customers. We take data protection very seriously and comply with all relevant legislation when handling any personal information given or received from you or third parties.
This is the personal information we collect
In the course of our interactions with you we may collect some or all of the following information:
- Address (home and work)
- Telephone contact number/numbers
- Email address
- Date of birth or age
- Proof of identity documents, such as passport or photographic driving licence
- Residency status and financial information
- Bank account details, including bank statements
- Other related information to support your occupation of the property and to confirm identity
- Health data relating only to the COVID-19 pandemic*
- Photographs and video images including closed circuit television
- Information you provide in response to surveys about your home, customer experience or our initiatives
- Information relating the options and extras you chose for your home
- Call recordings
*where we do collect any health data, we do not currently rely on consent as a basis for processing special category personal information.
This is how we collect your personal information
- When you contact us in person at one of our Gleeson Homes developments
- When you view our website and submit your information through our web enquiry forms
- When you request further information about our products and services and send your personal information to us through a third party website such as Rightmove, Zoopla or through social media
- When you provide information through MyGleeson®
- When you telephone a Gleeson office
- Through our contact with you during or after the sales process, including contact with our customer care department
- When you provide us with any other information we request
- Via closed circuit television cameras on our development sites
- To conduct studies and surveys to help improve our products and the services we offer to Gleeson’s customers and the communities within which we build.
This is why we collect your personal information
- To provide services to you both before, during and after the sales process
- To notify you of products and services you may be interested in, such as new property releases or new developments
- To fulfil our contractual obligations to you
- To satisfy our legal obligations
- To take and administer payments
- To maintain security and crime prevention
- To ensure the health and safety of our customers, employees, contractors and supply chain
- To help us achieve our strategies and initiatives
- With your consent, or if we have a legitimate interest in doing so, contacting you for marketing and promotional purposes (including inviting you to enter competitions and prize draws).
This is how we use your personal information
- To inform you of relevant Gleeson products and services
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device
- To progress your enquiry or purchase of a Gleeson home
- To provide customer care services including ensuring that any defects in your home are properly remedied
- To monitor customer satisfaction and improve our services to you or other customers
- To help assist you with any government schemes that you participate in
- For analytical research
- To help us set our strategies and initiatives, and monitor progress against them
- To administer any lease or shared equity arrangements
- To administer payments made by you to Gleeson, or vice versa
- To provide our employees, contractors or supply chain with information that will ensure their health and safety is safeguarded.
Monitoring of communications
We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other communication with you in order to check any instructions given to us, for training purposes, for crime prevention and to improve the quality of our customer service.
Who we share your personal information with
selected third parties that work on our behalf, to provide you with a product or service that is relevant to your enquiry or your reservation. These companies are required to ensure appropriate security measures are in place and maintain the confidentiality of your information. These third parties can include, but are not limited to mortgage or finance providers, other legal and professional advisors. This information will only be used by us in relation to your enquiry or by third parties for the provision of a related product or service. The information will not be used for any other purpose.
If you enter into a contract to purchase a Gleeson home, we will also share relevant information with conveyancing solicitors, our subcontractors and supply chain, utility providers including Gas, Electric, Water and telecommunications, the National House Building Council (NHBC), online survey providers, estate and management agents and to Local Authorities.
We may share your email address with a third party data processor such as www.mailchimp.com. If at any time you wish to stop receiving these emails you can unsubscribe via the link in the footer of the email or contact us at the address noted at the end of this notice.
We may share your personal data within the Gleeson group of companies
Finally, under limited circumstances, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties as permitted by, or to comply with, applicable laws and regulations, for instance, when responding to subject access requests, proceedings of a court of law or similar legal process, to protect against fraud, and to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or regulatory authorities.
Data processed for enquiry purposes will be held for the length of time we are actively selling new homes on the development you have requested information about and other Gleeson developments in the same area or until you ask us to remove it.
If you purchase a home from us we may continue to process your personal information for 15 years or such shorter period as the law may provide or we may select. This comes into effect from the actual completion date of your purchase. If your purchase is assisted by a shared equity scheme we will continue to process your personal information up to 12 years after monies owed to Gleeson have been paid and the contract is completed. If your purchase was under a leasehold arrangement we will continue to process your personal information in respect of the leasing arrangement for the earlier of up to 12 years from either notification that you have sold your Gleeson home or when we no longer have any interest in the property.
Your personal information may be processed both within the European Economic Area ("EEA") and outside the EEA. If we process your personal information at a destination outside the EEA we confirm that we have appropriate contracts in place with any third parties based outside the EEA to ensure your data is processed in accordance with applicable Data Protection legislation.
Under Data Protection legislation you have a number of rights. These include:
- The right to know how we use and handle your personal information
- The right to access the personal information that we are handling and to information contained within this privacy notice
- The right to anonymise your personal information, or for us to correct any mistakes in the information we hold
- The right at any time to object to direct marketing or for you to be removed from our databases or mailing lists
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
If you have any questions or complaints relating to how we use your personal information, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights regarding your personal information, please
MJ Gleeson PLC
6 Europa Court
Sheffield Business Park