With Shared Ownership, you buy a share of your chosen home and pay a low monthly rent on the part you don’t buy. Available on selected developments only.
Find out more about our available schemes below.
Home Reach is about making home ownership possible.
- With Home Reach you buy a share of your chosen newly built home and pay monthly rent on the part you don’t buy. Your budget will decide the size of the share you buy, rather than the size of your home. So, you might decide to buy a bigger share of a lower priced home or a smaller share of a more expensive home
- You are able to purchase your share in either cash savings or by taking out a mortgage. If you are taking out a mortgage to finance your share, you will need to allow for a minimum of 5% deposit. The larger your deposit (typically 10%) the lower your mortgage repayments are likely to be
- To start with, you can purchase from 25% to 75% of your chosen home and Heylo will become your landlord granting you a lease. This means you will be able to live in the home as if you’ve bought it outright. Heylo Housing is a residential property company with a long term investment strategy to provide affordable housing across the UK. In partnership with a leading Local Authority and backed by significant pension fund investment it plans to deliver a unique suite of housing solutions and drive significant shared ownership affordable housing across the UK
- On the share you do not purchase, you will pay rent of 2.75% of the unsold value, this will be paid monthly via direct debit. You can purchase more shares in the future until you own the whole property and stop paying rent altogether
- Starting shares, vary across developments. For more information on the shares available, the sales representatives at the development you would like to buy at will be able to guide you
Your ReSI Home
Start your new home journey with Your Resi Home
- Your ReSI Shared Ownership is a Government scheme.
- Under the Shared Ownership model, you can buy between 25% and 75% of your home depending on what you can afford.
- You will pay a mortgage on the share that you own and a reduced rent to Your ReSI Home on the remaining share owned by Your ReSI Home, this is worked out at 2.75% of the unsold share.
- Depending on which mortgage lender you use, your deposit can be as little as 5% of your share value.
- Not all customers will require a mortgage, some customers may be able to purchase their share with savings and no mortgage.
- First time buyers, existing shared owners and former owners buying again who cannot afford to buy a home on the open market may be eligible to buy a Your ReSI Home.
As with any long-term financial commitment, part buy – part rent requires you to meet various eligibility criteria.
We want to make this process as transparent and simple as possible, so read on for the key criteria to see if you’re eligible to buy a Shared Ownership home in England
- The first thing to consider is your income. To be eligible, your household income cannot exceed £80,000
- Secondly, you must be either a verified first-time buyer, or if you used to own a home but don’t anymore and then you must be in the position that you can’t currently afford to buy outright again
Many divorcees opt for part buy – part rent, finding the fact that they can own a share in a property by themselves highly empowering
Part buy – part rent properties prove especially popular with armed forces personnel. With the Forces Help to Buy scheme, servicemen and servicewomen can apply to borrow up to 50 per cent of their salary (up to a maximum of £25,000) to help buy their first home.
Only military personnel are given priority over other buyers in government-funded shared ownership schemes. Different rules may apply to programmes run by individual councils, with priority groups established and based on local housing needs, which can include at-risk individuals and disabled people
To verify your financial circumstances as part of the eligibility criteria, an independent financial assessment will verify your capacity to pay the monthly costs you’ll need to maintain residence in your property.
An independent financial assessment is carried out by an appropriate financial expert (known as an IFA, independent Financial Advisor or IMA, independent Mortgage Advisor). This enables you to take out a mortgage and demonstrate your ability to pay the monthly costs that allow you to purchase your share in the property.
To determine the share of a part buy – part rent property you can afford, your independent mortgage advisor will help you use Homes England’s eligibility and affordability assessment calculator. This takes into account all your financial earnings and outgoings in order to determine what you can afford.
When you have completed the assessment, your advisor will inform you of the share you are able to buy, including the level of deposit you can afford. They will also determine what will qualify as sustainable monthly rent payments for your budget, ensuring you can keep up with monthly repayments today and for the foreseeable future.
To move forward with the purchase of a part buy – part rent property, you must be registered with a Help to Buy agent
Help to Buy agents can be found in your local area and your assessment should take no longer than 20 minutes.
Buyers must have a good credit history, with no bad debts or County Court Judgements to their name. They also need to demonstrate that they will be able to afford the regular payments and costs involved when living in a part buy – part rent property.
Once you are approved with a Help to Buy agent, you will be sent a letter of acceptance and your registration number. It’s imperative that you hold on to these documents and have them to hand when applying for your part buy – part rent property.
To purchase a share in a part buy – part rent property, you must register with a Help to Buy agent.
Home Reach is available on the following developments:
Acklam Gardens, Middlesbrough
Acklam Gardens is nestled within a well-established residential area of Middlesbrough. Located in a great spot one and a half miles from Middlesbrough town centre, Acklam Gardens is within easy reach of the picturesque North East coast making this development the perfect location for buyers looking for the best of both worlds.
Dane Park, Hull
Situated on the outskirts of Hull, Dane Park is just four miles from Hull's vibrant city centre, including its popular Marina and Humber Street areas, which are full of bars and restaurants. Also close by, is Kingswood Retail Park, which boasts several national retailers, a cinema, bowling alley, fitness centre and a number of eateries. A bus service into the city stops right by the development, while easy access to the A1079 and the M62 makes commuting and travelling further afield straightforward. The village of Cottingham - with a golf and leisure club is also nearby as is the historic town of Beverley, famous for its Minster.
Holbeck Park, Burnley
Holbeck Park is located less than one mile from Burnley town centre with a host of local amenities, shops and good schools nearby. Beautiful countryside is also on your doorstep with the picturesque Reedley Marina just a two minute drive away, offering canal side walks and a cafe/bar.
Oh no, you're too late! All our HomeReach properties have been reserved at this development. Register for updates and we'll let you know if anything becomes available.
Grangemoor Park, Widdrington
Grangemoor Park coast.is a stunning new development located just six miles from the picturesque seaside town of Amble. Benefiting from easy access to the A1M, the development is only a short distance from the beautiful Northumberland