The safety of our customers, colleagues, subcontractors and supply chain, is, and will always be, our number one priority. During the coronavirus pandemic, we have taken many measures to ensure this.
UPDATE - 04 November 2020
Following the Government’s announcement on Saturday 31 October 2020 with regards to national Covid-19 restrictions coming into place on Thursday 5 November, we can confirm that our construction sites and sales centres will remain open and that we will continue to build. If you are buying a new Gleeson home, your estimated completion date should not be affected by these new restrictions.
The announcement on Saturday confirmed that the construction industry could and should remain open, this includes our sales centres which will remain open by appointment.
Social distancing and other safety measures do apply whilst working on and visiting our developments. Further details are outlined below.
Guidance for customers and visitors to our sales centres and show homes
All our sales centres are open Thursday to Monday from 10am to 5pm by appointment. Appointments can be made via the development page on our website or by calling the sales centre direct. Please note that appointments are not confirmed until a member of the sales team has contacted you. If you do visit one of our sales centres without a pre-arranged appointment, it may be that we are not able to see you and that we ask you to return at another time.
Visitors must follow Government guidelines by wearing a face covering, as well as completing a short COVID-19 questionnaire. This ensures the safety of our customers and our colleagues.
Examples of safety measures we have in place in our sales centres include:
- Allowing a maximum of one household (a maximum of two people) in the sales centre/show home at any one time
- Social distancing is practiced at all times.
- Providing hand sanitising facilities
- Wiping down of contact points such as door handles after every visit
- Perspex screens on sales office desks to protect our staff and customers
How we're protecting our colleagues, subcontractors and supply chain on our sites
COVID-19 Site Operating Procedures have been produced in line with Government guidance by the Construction Leadership Council. These procedures outline the specific requirements our personnel must adhere to whilst working on any of our sites and details what each site must have in place to remain fully operational.
Examples of these requirements include:
- Enhanced cleaning procedures
- Strict social distancing measures introduced
- The introduction of trained COVID-19 Social Distancing Marshals
- A COVID-19 Site Induction must be completed by all personnel
- Personnel must comply with all COVID-19 updated safe systems of work
- Controlled working areas through a permit system have also been implemented
Our Sales and Site COVID-19 Operating Procedures are regularly reviewed and updated in accordance with Government updates to ensure we remain COVID compliant.
Whether you are an existing customer, looking to buy your first home or simply want more information about how we're navigating through these challenging times, please visit our contact page.