The safety of our customers, colleagues, subcontractors and supply chain, is, and will always be, our number one priority. During the coronavirus pandemic, we have taken many measures to ensure this.
UPDATE - 5th January 2021.
The Government are keen to ensure that the construction industry can and should remain open during the pandemic.
Therefore, we are delighted to advise that our construction sites and sales centres remain open and that we are continuing to build with social distancing measures in place. If you are buying a new Gleeson home, your estimated completion date should not be affected by current local restrictions.
Social distancing, sanitising, the wearing of masks and other safety measures do apply whilst working on and visiting our developments and sales centres. Further details are outlined below.
Guidance for customers and visitors to our sales centres and show homes
Appointments can be made via the development page on our website or by calling the sales centre direct. Please note that appointments are not confirmed until a member of the sales team has contacted you. If you do visit one of our sales centres without a pre-arranged appointment, it may be that we are not able to see you and that we ask you to return at another time.
Visitors must follow Government guidelines by wearing a face covering, as well as completing a short COVID-19 questionnaire. All visitors are also encouraged to scan the NHS track and trace QR code upon entry to ensure the safety of our customers and our colleagues.
Examples of safety measures we have in place in our sales centres include:
- Allowing a maximum of one household (a maximum of two people) in the sales centre/show home at any one time
- Social distancing is practiced at all times.
- Providing hand sanitising facilities
- Wiping down of contact points such as door handles after every visit
- Perspex screens on sales office desks to protect our staff and customers
How we're protecting our colleagues, subcontractors and supply chain on our sites
COVID-19 Site Operating Procedures have been produced in line with Government guidance by the Construction Leadership Council. These procedures outline the specific requirements our personnel must adhere to whilst working on any of our sites and details what each site must have in place to remain fully operational.
Examples of these requirements include:
- Enhanced cleaning procedures
- Strict social distancing measures introduced
- Trained COVID-19 Social Distancing Marshals
- A COVID-19 Site Induction must be completed by all personnel
- Personnel must comply with all COVID-19 updated safe systems of work
- Controlled working areas through a permit system have also been implemented
Our Sales and Site COVID-19 Operating Procedures are regularly reviewed and updated in accordance with Government updates to ensure we remain COVID compliant.
Whether you are an existing customer, looking to buy your first home or simply want more information about how we're navigating through these challenging times, please visit our contact page.